Therapy Playhouse is seeking Infant Toddler Developmental Specialist to to provide home-based speech therapy services in Pinellas and Pasco counties and surrounding areas. We provide flexible scheduling and competitive pay.
Therapy Playhouse is seeking Early Intervention (EI) Professional staff to provide community based rehabilitative services to infants and toddlers from birth to age 3 who have or are at risk for developmental delays or disabilities. These services are provided in various settings such as the child’s home, childcare center, preschool, or community.
We currently have availability in Pinellas and Pasco counties and surrounding areas. We provide flexible scheduling and competitive pay.
- Services are provided to correct, reduce, or prevent further deterioration of identified deficits in a child’s mental or physical health or to restore the developmental capacity of children who are felt to be at risk of such deficits because of specific medical, biological, or environmental risk factors.
- These services involve face-to-face encounters, must be medically necessary, and intended to maximize the reduction of identified disabilities or deficits, and restore the recipient to his best possible functioning level in the areas of cognitive, communication, social-emotional, adaptive, and physical development.
- These services include direct hands-on treatment with the child and provision of collaboration with and instruction to parents and other caregivers in assisting them in identifying, planning, and maintaining a regimen related to regaining the child’s functioning.
- Services may be provided in the child’s home, childcare center, preschool, community, or other natural environment.
ITDS Services include:
- Planning and developing with the parents and other caregivers individualized intervention strategies for the child in developmental areas identified as needing intervention;
- Providing direct hands-on intervention with the child, and
- Demonstrating and teaching these intervention strategies to the child’s caregivers.
- Bachelors degree in Human Services or related field (Child and Family Dev., Special Education, Elem. Educ., Family Studies, Family Consumer Science, Nursing, Psychology, Social Work/Sociology, or Early Childhood) and experience working with children with and/or without developmental disabilities, or
- Certified Infant-Toddler Specialist or working toward Infant-Toddler Specialist certification as a provisional
- Attend Orientation to Early Intervention in FL and Needs, Coaching, and IFSPs
- Willing to participate in ongoing training activities on a regular basis to develop and maintain knowledge and skills relevant to children birth to age 3
- Knowledge and understanding of Consumer Rights and Confidentiality
- Able to stoop, bend, kneel, lift a minimum of 50 lbs., stand and/or sit for long periods of time, manipulate and/or transport durable equipment if needed
- Must pass a Level 2 background check
- 1 year Childcare experience preferred.
- CPR certification (preferred)
- Driver's license
- Automonile liability insurance (100/300 coverage amounts)
- Florida Medicaid Number
- NPI Number
- CAQH Number (if licensed EI)
Job Type: Independent Contractor
If you are interested in working with us or would like more information, we're always happy to talk with you. Please contact Lauri Lee, PT, DPT at firstname.lastname@example.org.